Courtesy of Vegan Fusion World Cuisine cookbook.
A recipe from the popular vegan cookbook by vegan, vegetarian and raw food chef and author Mark Reinfeld and Bo Rinaldi.
St. Patrick’s Potato Fennel Leek Soup
25 min prep / 20 min cooking / 4-5 servings
- 2 Tbl Olive oil
- 1 C Leek, sliced thin
- ½ C Fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 Tbl Garlic, minced
- 6 C water or vegetable stock
- 2 medium Potatoes, rinsed, chopped (2 ½ C)
- 1 C Soy milk
- 1 Tbl Italian parsley, minced
- 2 tsp soy sauce, or to taste
- 2 tsp Sea salt, or to taste
- ½ tsp Black pepper, ground to taste
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
1. Place oil in a 3 qt pot on medium heat. Add leek, garlic and fennel, cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add potatoes and water and cook until soft, approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add soy milk.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool 10-15 minutes. Carefully blend in batches, filling the blender half way. Return to pot, add seasonings and stir well.
For more plant-based diet, healthy raw food, tasty vegetarian and vegan recipesfrom Vegan Fusion and Mark Reinfeld’s latest cookbook releases, please subscribe to our newsletter and sign up for our informative Vegan Fusion RSS feeds.
St. Patrick’s Potato Fennel Leek Soup – a popular free recipe from Vegan Fusion World Cuisine Cookbook by Mark Reinfeld.
Vegan Cooking Classes
Find out more about our Vegan Fusion World Cuisine workshops, cooking classes, chef trainings, intensives and retreats in both North America and Europe. Learn more…
Check out our latest best selling vegan and raw food cookbooks including The 30 Minute Vegan’s Taste Of The East, The 30 Minute Vegan, The Complete Idiot’s Guide To Eating Raw and Vegan Fusion World Cuisine.